A chemical peel is recommended to restore the youthful glow, and to firm and tone the skin. Glycolic Acid peel is the most popular natural skin peeling treatment that helps dissolve and exfoliate dead skin cells.
As the new fresh skin cells appear, the skin is renewed, brighter and smoother.
The superficial pigmentation is reduced, pale and tired skin is regenerated.
In addition, this type of treatment promotes the natural collagen and elastin production, helping skin appear firmer and tighter.
Benefits of the Chemical Peel:
- reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- diminish small acne scars, clogged pores, and blemished skin
- reduce skin discoloration and superficial pigmentation
- revive and refresh pale and tired skin
- may prevent ingrown hair
- improve cell regeneration, promote collagen synthesis
- tighten and soften the appearance of skin
- reduce the size of pores
How long does procedure last?
Usually the procedure lasts 30 minutes.
How many treatments are recommended?
We recommend 6-10 treatments (depending on skin type), with intervals of 1 - 4 weeks.
When to avoid glycolic peel?
Avoid receiving a glycolic peel if skin is: extremely sensitive, has tendency towards herpes, skin with couperose, if taking Vitamin A supplement, if have inflammatory acne, sunburned. Also avoid peels if pregnant or breastfeeding.
What are the side effects?
On occasion some redness and itchiness will occur temporarily after the treatment. Skin may feel tight and dry within the next 24-hours. Flaking skin can result, and that is a good sign that the treatment is working. This may last for up to a week.
What procedures to avoid PRIOR the treatment?
• 1 month prior, avoid laser treatment and fillers • 1 week prior, avoid other peels, hair removal, sun exposure, vitamin A, or antibiotics
What recommendations to follow POST treatment?
• Do not remove flaky skin • Avoid sun and use SPF 50 daily, for up to 3 weeks • no Vitamin A or antibiotics, for up to 1 week • no hair removal, for up to 1 week Ask our professional aestheticians what at home skin care regiment is best suited for your skin type to prolong and enhance the results.